Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wish List | Timex Military Watch

I've known that J. Crew sells the Timex military watch for some time now. Since my encounter in Vermont, however, my desire to obtain one has only grown. Sadly, it sells for $150 and if you ask me that has "ridiculous mark up" written all over it. I'd buy it for $100... maybe.


Also worthy to note, J. Crew sells both solid and striped watch straps - one for $20 or two for $30. A great way to change things up. How easy it is to change straps, I don't know.

Confession: I was watching the Bachelor, or I got roped into it I should say (not really), a couple weeks ago. Homeboy is a pilot and was wearing a big, aviation-style watch. I probably noticed the watch because of the bright orange band. I say this a little ashamed and embarrassed, but at that moment I was inspired.

A bright strap could be a nice conversation piece or something to give you a little spontaneity or edge. And what do ya know, J. Crew sells 'em. Coincidence? I think not...



Lastly, I thought I'd include a photo of the original Yankee wristwatch used during WWI - it was the inspiration behind this military watch after all. Let's give credit where credit is deserved, people. A strong resemblance indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment