Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wish List | Rain Jacket

On a day like yesterday, when it rains and rains and rains, I think about how nice it would be to own a rain jacket... a real rain jacket. Ya know, something long and waterproof that would protect me from the relentless rain I'm forced to endure, hiding under my flimsy umbrella as I jog from my apartment to the train station and from the train station to work.

As I'm running out the door on such a morning, I look in the mirror - usually dressed to the nines, lookin' and feelin' good - only to realize it's all for naught, that my bottom half will be sopping wet when I walk into the office. I will no longer look or feel good... I will look disheveled and feel cold.

After this realization, I usually ransack my closet in search of the best option, which unfailingly boils down to three choices everytime: my cotton military jacket, my wool peacoat or one of my many oversized snowboarding jackets. For the record, all these jackets have great qualities and I love them all for different reasons. However, on a rainy day, no matter which one of these I choose, I lose. Facing the elements, I'm either too warm or too wet or too oversized.

Yes, a rain jacket - one that is equally stylish and functional - would be nice. I searched the internet today daydreaming about expensive, water resistant jackets I might one day own. I'd like to highlight a few of my favorites:

*Click on the text to link to an online store

No comments:

Post a Comment