Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Trend Spot: Patterned Sweater

This is simply a guess. Perhaps even a prediction. I haven't seen more than a few of these, but they have more or less caught my attention. The patterned sweater - nothing you haven't seen before. They are great. I can't say you shouldn't have at least one in your closet. But there is just one small problem with a sweater like this, and that is they become dated far too quickly.

Now I could dig deep in my closet and pull out an American Eagle patterned sweater I got for Christmas 10 years ago, but I don't want to leave the house dressed like I'm from 1999. If you don't own more than a few sweaters, I'd stick with solids. But if you're looking to change it up a bit, a patterned sweater might be just what you're looking for.


This last photo is of a sweater I found at Martin + Osa over the holiday. I want it. However, despite not trying it on, I have a sneaking suspicion that the fit would be a little off. Plus, I'd probably stop wearing it after 2 years because it would be old and DATED. Nevermind, bad idea. I'm not getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment