Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spotlight | Converse One Star @ Target

I''ll start by saying, I've been frequenting my local Target more than ever lately. In the past, it was deodorant, plastic bins and birthday cards that brought me there. Lately, however, I've been browsing the racks of the men's clothing section. There are a few lines worth mentioning. Today, I'll highlight Converse One Star®, available exclusively at Target and Target.com.

The first exclusive One Star collection launched at Target in 2008. The latest Spring 2010 collection hit stores in January and it offers men's and women's apparel, accessories and footwear. According to a Target press release, this season's collection "celebrates the optimistic rebel, and incorporates authentic downtown influences and vintage touches on versatile, affordable closet staples with an attitude." Wow, they lost me at "optimistic rebel"...

All kidding aside, as I've browsed the menswear in store, I'll acknowledge they are making an honest effort to keep the line current and fresh. The fits are modern and slimmed down. The patterns and materials are the same you'd find at Urban Outfitters or H&M. I can't speak on the quality of craftsmanship, but I'm sure it's nothing to brag about. (Look for a review or two in the coming weeks). In terms of the 2010 offerings, or whatever it is I've been seeing on the racks, let me highlight a few pieces that have caught my eye:


Henley $17.99

Chambray Shirt - Blue $24.99

Dark Plaid Shirt - Blue $24.99




Woven Scarf - Grey $14.99

If you like what you see, don't forget to buy online through Ebates.com and save 3%.

No comments:

Post a Comment