Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mission Accomplished | Sperry Topsiders

So I took my own advice and stopped by Marshalls yesterday evening. Conveniently, there is one right next to the gym I go to (on 225th Street in the Bronx). I can't say many great things about this particular Marshalls except that it's a Marshalls and I love Marshalls.

I walked through the doors and went straight to the shoe section in the back. That's not true, I looked at T-shirts and then belts and then went to the back. Anyway. The shoe section was an utter mess. There was no rhyme or reason to anything; it was complete chaos. Realizing the sad state of my surroundings, I lost a little bit of hope but continued to peruse the shelves. Finally, on the end of the last aisle I saw a slew of navy Sperrys. Jackpot. I checked the sizes: 10, 11.5, 11.... nothing smaller than 10. Ugh. Refusing to give up, I continued to walk around, looking up and down the shelves. What happened next was a Christmas miracle.

Out of the corner of my eye, sitting between size 13 Reebok cleats and size 4.5 DC girls skate shoes, I spotted another pair of navy Sperrys. I grabbed them, simultaneously pulling back the tongue to check the size. Size 8, my size. I couldn't believe it. It's a miracle! I thought.

No, it was more than a miracle. It was fate. You see, this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship; me and my $39.99 navy Sperrys are going to have more than a Spring fling, we're going to spend a lifetime together (unless they fall apart on me, in which case I'll replace them without a second thought).

Mission: Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment