Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter Essential: Rugged Boots

I remember wearing canvas Vans and Converse Chucks everyday in the city my first winter here, like it was no big deal. I remember accidentally stepping in pot holes full of water and slush as I crossed the street. And I vividly recall my shoes and socks getting wet on the way to work and having to deal with cold feet all day at the office. I didn't wear boots back then because boots weren't cool. But it seems as if there has been a resurgence of the old American work boot over the last couple years. I took note of this last winter and decided it was time to jump on the bandwagon.

I purchased the Timberland Men's Earthkeeper 6 in. Leather Boots from a small shop in the Financial District because they were $30 less than any other shop.

It took a few days to get acclimated to wearing lace up boots, but what a relief it has been. My days of tip-toeing around the city in wet canvas shoes are over. Now I walk where I want, when I want, never taking no for an answer.

If you are shopping around for winter boots, a few good options include the Frye Dakota, the Red Wing Classic Lifestyle, and the Wolverine Burton boot.

And don't forget to winterize your new pair of boots. Click here for the How To.

No comments:

Post a Comment